Serving at Farmington Community Church
We believe God has given each of us unique gifts and talents that will bless our congregation and our world. Even more important, we believe that using your unique gifts in service will help you grow in your faith walk with Jesus. It will not only bless others, it will bless you!
Each ministry area at Farmington Community Church offers a range of volunteer opportunities, from one-time special events to weekly service, and everything in between. We want to help you find a place to serve that best fits your gifts, experience, passion, and availability.
If you would like help discovering (or re-discovering) your unique spiritual gifts, we invite you to take a spiritual gifts inventory. A self-guided gifts assessment is available in the literature rack in the church foyer, or by contacting the church office. We would also be happy to work with you to discover or discuss your gifts, abilities, and interests and how you can use them in the church. Just contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Some of the areas volunteers can serve in the church include:
- Leading or hosting a small group
- Attending Wednesday evening prayer meetings
- Playing or singing with the praise band
- Greeting on Sunday morning
- Teaching or assisting with Sunday School
- Coffee hour hosting
- Helping with technology (website, sound booth, Sunday morning slides, etc.)
- Helping with the youth
- Maintenance and cleaning inside and outside the church
- Landscaping and gardening
- Assisting with administrative tasks and office work
- Leading or participating in outreach projects
- and much more!
There are areas to serve in that fit many different gifts, interests, and schedules. This is only a sampling. If you’d like to get connected with an area of service, contact the church office at email@example.com and we will get you started!